This round up features kid-friendly events as well as events for those not faint of heart. Watch the next issue of the Erie Square Gazette for more information on haunted houses that will be reviewed by our staff.
- Haunted Farm Museum. Oct. 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27 from 7 to 11 p.m. at Goodell’s County Park. Cost is $10 Adults and $7 for kids 12 and under. Activities include two barns, a haunted hayride, a children’s fun area, a bonfire and concessions. For more information call (810) 320-6860.
- Family Haunted Village and Spook Walk. Visit creaky old buildings, Halloween woods, walk through a cemetery and sit by a bonfire. Event dates include, Oct. 13 and 20 at 7 p.m. at the Sanilac County Historical Village and Museum located in Port Sanilac. Cost is $2.00 per person. For information call (810) 662-9946.
- Halloween in Greenfield Village, Dearborn. Follow an endless path of hand carved jack-o-lanterns. The path is filled with costumed characters, and treat stations are set up throughout the village to pass out candy. Dates are: Oct. 12-14, 19-20 and 26-28. Admission is $12.75-$15.00. Children two and under admitted free. Parking is $5.00. Ticket information available at (313)982-6001.
- Village of Lexington’s “LexingTOMB Halloween Event.” Saturday, Oct. 27, from noon to 5p.m. in Lexington. This free event features a costume contest for all ages, games, a costume parade and prizes. For information call (810)705-2694.
- Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo. Located at 8450 West 10 mile road in Royal Oak, this event costs $7.00 in advanced for anyone two and up. Cost at gate is $10.00. This annual event features a half mile trick or treat trail, a Ghoul game tent, the Zombie zone, a haunted reptile house and more. Further information is available at www. detroitzoo. org/events /zoo-boo.
- Haunted house: The Devil’s Asylum. This is a new state of the art haunted house located at the McMorran Center in downtown Port Huron. Open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Event features multiple rooms, qualified actors, audio and sound effects. Located at 701 McMorran Boulevard; admission is $20.00.
- Judgment House. Cost is $12.00; receive $2.00 off with student I.D. Friday and Saturday Oct. 22 and 23 from 6-11 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 27 from 6-10 p.m., and Friday and Saturday Oct.29 and 30 from 6-11 p.m. Not recommended for people with heart conditions, pregnant, or under the age of 10. For further information, visit www. gotothejunkyard .com
- Haunted Farm of Terror. This farm offers a corn maze, haunted hayride, paintball zombie shoot, cider, donuts and more. Ticket prices include a combo package for $22.00 for adults and $15.00 for children 10 and under. Schedule information available at (586) 203-7222.